Many people who love Hanfualways ask a question: what is Hanfu made out of?
Hanfu is composed of style, color and material. Material is the most basic element. Clothing materials refer to all the materials that constitute clothing, which can be divided into clothing fabrics and clothing accessories. This article mainly introduces the knowledge of Hanfu fabric.
When choosing the fabric, we should know the style of the Hanfu and consider what part of the garment the fabric is used for (such as body, collar edge, belt, etc.). The style of Hanfu changes little, and the selection of fabric plays an important role in the style and temperament of clothing.
Commonly used Hanfu fabrics
1. Silk fabric
Silk fabrics, such as brocade, gauze, yarn, spinning, etc., are high-grade textiles with high price. They belong to high-grade fabrics in ancient and modern times. It mainly refers to the fabrics with mulberry silk, tussah silk, man-made silk and synthetic fiber filament as the main raw materials.
Silk fabrics are characterized by good moisture absorption and air permeability, comfortable to wear, light, soft, smooth, elegant, gorgeous and comfortable. The disadvantage is that it is difficult to master when making and it is not easy to care.
Care of silk fabrics
(1) Dry cleaning is the best.
(2) Washing with silk wool special detergent in cold water gently hand wash. Hang the clothes to dry after washing. Do not twist or expose to the sun.
(3) Do not touch acid substance, otherwise it will corrode and destroy silk fabric.
2. Linen fabric
Ramie fabrics mainly include flax, ramie, etc. pure ramie fabrics made from hemp fiber and fabrics blended with other fibers are collectively referred to as hemp type fabrics, which can be divided into pure spinning and blended spinning.
The common characteristics of linen fabrics are strong texture, bright and clean appearance, smooth handle, good draping, rough and stiff, cool and comfortable, and good moisture absorption. The disadvantage is easy to wrinkle.
Although the price of Ma Mian is cheap, it is noble in appearance and comfortable to wear. It is an excellent Hanfu fabric. The fine and fine hemp flour material is suitable for making Ru skirt in summer; the thick hemp flour material is suitable for autumn and winter coat, and the temperament tends to be men’s clothing.
Nursing care of linen fabric
(1) The shrinkage of hemp fabric is about 7%, so the purchased fabric needs to be soaked in water, pre-shrunk and then sewn, so as to avoid improper clothing.
(2) Apply neutral soap or detergent when washing. Hemp fabric is easy to wrinkle and needs to be ironed at high temperature after washing. It is better to hang it for preservation
3. Cotton fabric
Cotton began to be used in the late Song Dynasty when it was introduced from abroad. It refers to the fabric woven with cotton yarn or cotton and cotton type chemical fiber blended yarn. Can be divided into pure cotton products, cotton blended two categories.
The characteristics of cotton are more affinity in appearance and texture, good hygroscopicity, air permeability and warmth retention. The disadvantages are large shrinkage, poor acid resistance, easy to fold, easy to mold, can not be long-term sunlight.
Care of cotton fabric
(1) The shrinkage of cotton fabric is between 5% and 7%, which needs to be soaked in water before sewing.
(2) Washing method: wash with soap, washing powder and neutral detergent. Clothes of different colors should be washed separately to avoid dyeing.
(3) Cotton fabrics are easy to mildew, so they should be stored after being completely dried.
4. Wool fabric
Wool type fabric is made of wool, rabbit hair, camel hair, wool type chemical fiber as the main raw materials. Wool is the main material.
Wool fabric is a kind of high-grade clothing fabric all year-round. It is characterized by elegance, good drapability, warmth and air permeability, which is welcomed by consumers.
Care of wool fabric
(1) Dry cleaning is the best. If you need to wash it with water, wash it gently in warm water of about 30 degrees. You should use special silk wool detergent or neutral detergent. After washing, it should be laid flat and dry naturally to avoid direct sunlight;
(2) When ironing, the temperature should be moderate (about 140 ℃), and the clothes should be padded with interlining and then ironed. Generally, wool like fabrics can be washed.
The size of cloth needed for making Hanfu
Required standard of fabric:
1.2-1.8m-wide cloth, people of ordinary stature (more than 2.5m width is reduced by half). Please refer to your own figure to make a decision. It is recommended that people who are not very thin should add half a meter to one meter more for each kind of cloth.
Main material of straight train deep garment: 2 times upper body length + 2 times lower body length + 1 time sleeve width;
Curved train deep garment: 2 times upper body length + 2 ~ 4 times lower body length (according to the number of circles wound) + 1 time sleeve;
Kuan Ru: 2 times the upper body length + 1 times the sleeve width (this upper body length is longer than the upper body length of a deep coat, similar to the length of a western style shirt);
Skirt: 2 times lower length
1.5m wide cloth
1. Ru skirt (upper Ru and lower skirt): the upper Ru is 2 meters, the upper one is 1.5 meters, and the lower skirt is 2.5 meters;
2. Width: 1.0 M;
3. Quju deep garment: 6m, (2.5m width, about 3m.5m) edge (including belt): 2.5m
4. Straight train: 3.6m, edge (including belt): 2m
5. High waist Ru skirt: upper Ruhe skirt: 4.5 m (2 m width), 2.5 m (2 m width) 3 m (1.5 m width)
Natural fiber fabric is the best material for making Hanfu, which is not only beautiful in appearance but also comfortable to wear. The chemical fiber blended fabric is close to natural fiber in appearance, with various patterns and colors, good overall appearance, and low price. You can choose the fabric according to your own needs and make a unique Hanfu of your own.